Humboldt, TN 38343
LPN Charge Nurse 7a to 7p or 7p to 7a .The Tennessee State Veterans Home is currently interviewing to fill immediate openings for LPN Charge Nurses with experience in a long term care setting on our 7a to 7p & 7p to 7a shift. This position requires excellent patient assessment skills and the ability to recognize and respond to changes in a resident’s condition, document observations, interventions and the outcome. Monitor and/or record follow through for signatures on telephone orders from physician. Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur. Recognize, intervene and report complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and facility. Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and other information relating to patients, employees and facility. Inspire an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in patients’ personal and health care needs. This position does supervise the day to day responsibilities of the nurses’ aides.
- Competitive wages based on certified years of experience
- Shift differential
- Weekend differential
- State of Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – 100% Employer funded. Full-time employees vest after 5 years of service.
- State of Tennessee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, cancer and accident, disability, and long term care insurance
- ParTNers for Health Wellness Program
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Extended disability benefits (sick leave)
- Bereavement Leave
- Double pay for selected holidays worked
- Flexible spending accounts for child care and medical expenses
- Deferred Compensation (401(k) and 457)
Must have a current active LPN license with previous long term care experience. 1-3 years is preferred although new grads would be considered.
High School Diploma and completion of a Licensed Practical Nursing program
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSESCurrent and active LPN license and Current BLS certification.
NOTICE: This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position. Employment and Professional References Required.