Coordinate food preparation and meal service for residents. Plan and initiate cooking schedules for food preparation to meet meal schedule. Must have the ability to follow written menus and prepare standardized recipes in a sanitary manner to ensure the utmost in quality with a minimum of waste. Review menus to identify all foods required for therapeutic diets before preparing food. Prepare, season, cook and serve food for assigned meal in quantities according to the planned menus that are palatable and appetizing in appearance and ensure appropriate portioned services according to portion control standards. Monitor temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met and maintained throughout meal service. Clean equipment and work areas as assigned by the Dietary Manager. *TSVH
QUALIFICATIONS Prior experience in a dietary environment at a large establishment; health care experience is preferred. Previous knowledge and care of food service equipment is required.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS High School diploma or equivalent preferred and previous experience in a long-term care or hospital setting is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES None
- Competitive wages based on certified years of experience
- Shift differential
- Weekend differential
- State of Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – 100% Employer funded. Full-time employees vest after 5 years of service.
- State of Tennessee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, cancer and accident, disability, and long term care insurance
- ParTNers for Health Wellness Program
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Extended disability benefits (sick leave)
- Bereavement Leave
- Double pay for selected holidays worked
- Flexible spending accounts for child care and medical expenses
- Deferred Compensation (401(k) and 457)
Job Type: Full-time
Applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screening, and background check.