Clarksville, TN 37042
Salary: $23.00 to $32.00 /hour
The primary purpose of the Registered Nurse (RN) is to provide direct and individualized nursing care to residents. The RN will work as part of the nursing team to assess resident needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the facility culture and the expectations it incurs.
- Demonstrates awareness of how the culture of the facility affects our service to the veterans we serve.
- Follow facility Residents’ Rights policies.
- Protect the confidentiality of all resident information.
- Assists families and other visitors as needed.
- Attends/completes required in-services and other required meetings.
- Come to work in clean, neat attire and consistently present a professional appearance.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Assume accountability for data contained in the employees’ handbook.
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides direct and individualized nursing care to residents
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess resident’s condition
- Modifies resident treatment plans as indicated by residents’ responses and conditions
- Monitors all aspects of resident care, including diet and physical activity
- Prepares residents for, and assist with, examinations and treatments
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and facility policies
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate resident care plans
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records
- Record residents’ medical information and vital signs
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned residents
- Initiates a resident education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by physician and/or facility policy including resident and family instruction
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding, and alleviate apprehension
- Instructs residents, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and health improvement programs
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol
- Will be required to be “on-call” periodically or as specifically needed by facility
- Understands and reviews the facility’s Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures and Safety Guidelines Reports any issues or problems that may arise to the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator
- Responsible for the safety and personal care of residents under his/her supervision.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program; minimum of 1 year of previous long-term care experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be licensed in the applicable state as a Registered Nurse (RN)
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
- Occasional supervision of LPN’s and/or non-licensed nursing staff at the direction of the Director of Nursing or Unit Nurse.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Language Ability – Reads and interprets documents. Ability to write moderately complex reports and correspondence o Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information
- Verbal Communication – Talks to others to convey information effectively
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Math Ability – Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra, and their applications
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Medicine – Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to assess and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- Delegation – Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources
- Attendance/Punctuality – Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Desktop/Notebook computers
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Various medical equipment
WORK ENVIRONMENT environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to wear protective clothing
- The employee may be exposed to blood, bodily fluids, odors, airborne particles, dust or fumes, and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch, use hands to use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted. May be required to lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color discrimination, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Notice: This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
A Pre-Employment drug screening is also required.
Employment and Professional References Required.