Assist Dietary Cooks in the preparation and service of meals served to residents by performing the proper procedures as outlined by state and federal regulations.
· EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE*
Assume accountability for data contained in the employees’ handbook.**
· Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
· Observe all facility infection control procedures
· Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards
· Follow facility Residents’ Rights policies.
· Protect the confidentiality of all resident information.
· Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the facility culture and the expectations it incurs.
· Demonstrate awareness of how the culture of the facility affects our service to the veterans we serve.
· Assists families and other visitors as needed.
· Attends/completes required in-services and other required meetings.
· Come to work in clean, neat attire and consistently present a professional appearance.
· Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
· Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
· Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
· Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
· ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.**
Assists in the preparation of food in quantities according to the menu, recipe and number of persons to be served
· Sets up dining room as instructed
· Prepares items such as salads and beverages
· Takes resident orders in dining room and serves meals to residents in a timely manner
· Cleans resident eating areas, work areas, equipment and utensils according to the proper procedures
· Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen
· Washes cooking equipment, carts, pots, pans, dishes and utensils
· Cleans eating and prep surfaces, sweeps and mops floor
· Removes garbage
· Stores food in designated areas
· Responsible for care of food service equipment.
· Work cooperatively with food service staff and other departments.
· Assume Quality Assurance duties as assigned.
· Consistently work cooperatively with residents, residents’ representatives, facility staff, physicians, consultants and ancillary service providers.
· Reports any issues or problems that may arise to Dietary Manager
· Complies with state and federal sanitation standards
EDUCATIONS and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
High School diploma or equivalent; previous experience in a long-term care or hospital setting is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES which may be representative, but not all inclusive, of those commonly associated with this position. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
· Language Ability – to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
· Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
· Verbal Communication – Talks to others to convey information effectively
· Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
· Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
· Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources
· Attendance/Punctuality – Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
· Dependability – Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
· Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
· Desktop/Notebook computers; MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Pots/pans, cutlery, including knives, forks and spoons, gas/electric stove and/or oven, broilers, microwave oven, fryer, griddle, toaster, slicer, blender and other kitchen equipment
WORK ENVIRONMENT environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat or cold, humidity, and danger of burns from stoves and/or hot liquids.
The employee is occasionally required to wear protective clothing.
The employee may be exposed to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, taste, smell, stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, and feel and occasionally climb or balance.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations? All applicants will be required to complete a drug screening.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time