Assists in the preparation of food in quantities according to the menu, recipe and number of persons to be served, including setting up dining room as instructed and prepares items such as salads and beverages. Takes resident orders and serves meals to residents in a timely manner. Cleans resident eating areas, work areas, equipment and utensils according to the proper procedures, including collecting and stacking dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen, washing cooking equipment, carts, pots, pans, dishes and utensils, cleaning eating and prep surfaces, sweeping and moping floor, removing garbage, storing food in designated areas. Consistently work cooperatively with residents, residents representatives, facility staff, physicians, consultants and ancillary service providers.
- Competitive wages based on certified years of experience
- Shift differential
- Weekend differential
- State of Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – 100% Employer funded. Full-time employees vest after 5 years of service.
- State of Tennessee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, cancer and accident, disability, and long term care insurance
- ParTNers for Health Wellness Program
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Extended disability benefits (sick leave)
- Bereavement Leave
- Double pay for selected holidays worked
- Flexible spending accounts for child care and medical expenses
- Deferred Compensation (401(k) and 457)
Prior experience in a dietary environment at a large establishment; health care experience preferred. Previous knowledge and care of food service equipment is required.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred and previous experience in a long-term care or hospital setting is preferred
NOTICE: This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position. Employment and Professional References Required.