Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Assists in providing regulatory guidance to the Tennessee State Veterans’ Home Board (TSVHB) and management on a wide-array of issues to facilitate operations. Responsible for facilitating various purchasing and service contracts, Requests for Proposal and related documents on behalf of Tennessee State Veterans’ Home Board. Assists with and acts as liaison to outside legal counsel and State Attorney General staff. Assists in identifying and communicating regulatory requirements to homes. Assists in the coordination all liability claims, litigation and mediations. Supervises TSVH Human Resource Generalists. Serves as TSVHB Title VI Coordinator; oversees and manages the TSVHB Title VI Implementation Plan. Oversees requests for records via the Open Records Act.
- Competitive wages based on certified years of experience
- State of Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – 100% Employer funded. Full-time employees vest after 5 years of service.
- State of Tennessee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, cancer and accident, disability, and long term care insurance
- ParTNers for Health Wellness Program
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Extended disability benefits (sick leave)
- Bereavement Leave
- Flexible spending accounts for child care and medical expenses
- Deferred Compensation (401(k) and 457)
Education: Undergraduate degree in health-related field and a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school preferred. Bachelor of Science in nursing or healthcare administration a plus.
Licensure: Tennessee Bar License preferred. RN or Nursing Home Administrator license a plus.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ legal experience required with health care, contract, and litigation experience preferred.
Skills: Management and communication skills required. Must be able to handle high degree of detail and be able to manage a number of ongoing projects at the same time. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate effectively with residents, visitors and staff. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with TSVHB staff, state government, community and other professional groups.