Salary: $17.17 to $24.17 /hour
The Tennessee State Veterans Home is currently interviewing to fill immediate openings for LPN Charge Nurses with experience in a long term care setting. This position requires excellent patient assessment skills and the ability to recognize and respond to changes in a resident’s condition, document observations, interventions and the outcome. Monitor and/or record follow through for signatures on telephone orders from physician. Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur. Recognize, intervene and report complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and facility. Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and other information relating to patients, employees and facility. Inspire an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in patients’ personal and health care needs. This position does supervise the day to day responsibilities of the nurses’ aides.
- Competitive wages based on certified years of experience
- Shift differential
- Weekend differential
- State of Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – 100% Employer funded. Full-time employees vest after 5 years of service.
- State of Tennessee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, cancer and accident, disability, and long term care insurance
- ParTNers for Health Wellness Program
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Extended disability benefits (sick leave)
- Bereavement Leave
- Double pay for selected holidays worked
- Flexible spending accounts for child care and medical expenses
- Deferred Compensation (401(k) and 457)
Interested candidates must have a current active LPN license with previous long term care experience. 1-3 years is preferred although new grads would be considered.
High School Diploma and completion of a Licensed Practical Nursing program
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Current and active LPN license and Current BLS certification.