The Accounts Payables Coordinator reports directly to the Finance Director. Accounts Payables Coordinator position supervises staff with additional locations being developed. The AP Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be data entry for invoices, vendor payments, maintain vendor files, month-end closing of accounts and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations. Additionally, the AP Coordinator will assist with AP reporting, annual audits, and other special projects and analytics as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Accurate and timely coding of all invoices provided by payables
· Process payment to vendors on a weekly basis via ACH, wire or check
· Be the liaison to all vendors for assistance with any inquiries about payments with a focus on maintaining a positive working relationship with our vendors
· Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
· Analyze and code employee expense reports to comply with company policy
· Prepare monthly fixed and other asset roll forwards and reconcile balances to financial information
· Management of corporate credit cards including pending transition to new corporate card policy and process
· Provide training to employees on new processes for vendor invoices, credit card usage, and expense reimbursement as systems evolve
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts
· Manage various projects as identified or assigned
· Identify, implement, and document process changes to improve tasks
· Archive records to satisfy audit and statutory requirements
· Training on additional month end reconciliations serving as a backup for the Senior Accountant
Must have two (2) years of professional level accounting experience; experience in accounts payables preferred preferred.
Candidates must have graduated from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
· Competitive wages based on years of experience
· State of Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – 100% Employer funded, full-time employees vest after 5 years of service
· State of Tennessee medical, dental and vision
· Life insurance, cancer and accident, disability and long term care insurance available
· Paid time off (vacation)
· Extended disability benefits (sick leave)
· Bereavement leave
· Paid holidays
· Flexible spending accounts for child care and medical expenses
· Deferred compensation (401(k) and 457)
NOTICE:This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position. Employment and Professional References Required.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday-Friday with occasional weekends and travel