The primary purpose of the Maintenance Director is to develop and implement facility maintenance policies and procedures in an efficient, cost-effective manner to safely meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
- Assume accountability for data contained in the employees’ handbook.
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Observe all facility infection control procedures
- Comply with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards
- Follow facility Residents’ Rights policies
- Protect the confidentiality of all resident information
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the facility culture and the expectations it incurs
- Exhibit consideration of how the facility’s culture affects our service to the veterans we serve
- Attend/complete required in-services and other required meetings
- Maintain valid license or certification as required for position
- Arrive at work in clean, neat attire and consistently present a professional appearance
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality
- Assist families and other visitors as needed
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner
- Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor
- Competitive wages based on certified years of experience
- State of Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – 100% Employer funded. Full-time employees vested after 5 years of service.
- State of Tennessee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, cancer and accident, disability, and long term care insurance
- ParTNers for Health Wellness Program
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Extended disability benefits (sick leave)
- Bereavement Leave
- Flexible spending accounts for child care and medical expenses
- Deferred Compensation (401(k) and 457)
Minimum of 3-5 years in maintenance supervisory position, preferably in nursing home facilities management. Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, local standards and life safety codes, and requirements of regulatory and accreditation agencies; standard operating procedures for plant operation; budget development, control and direction; personnel management; work standards for skilled personnel; material and equipment suppliers. Experience with safety Quality Assurance, contract Management, & automated work orders. Must be able to positively interact with other staff, residents and families.
NOTICE:This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position. Employment and Professional References Required.