345 Compton Road, Murfreesboro, TN
- Full-Time, Salary, On-Call
- Industry – Health Care
- Travel – occasional
- Relocation – not available
- Cover Letter & Salary Requirements Required
The Information Technology Generalist is responsible for delivering excellent customer service in the areas of hardware & software support, helpdesk services, user training, technical projects and related administrative functions for computer and phone systems used by the staff and residents of Tennessee State Veterans’ Homes at all current and future locations. The Information Technology Generalist is a full-time, salaried, exempt position and reports to the IT Director. A cover letter and salary requirements are mandatory.
- Competitive wages based on certified years of experience
- State of Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – 100% Employer funded. Full-time employees vest after 5 years of service.
- State of Tennessee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, cancer and accident, disability, and long term care insurance
- ParTNers for Health Wellness Program
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Extended disability benefits (sick leave)
- Bereavement Leave
- Double pay for selected holidays worked
- Flexible spending accounts for child care and medical expenses
- Deferred Compensation (401(k) and 457)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hardware support including but not limited to current industry equipment such as; PC’s, local and network printers, MFP’s, scanners, laptops, tablets, kiosks, cameras and other equipment. This includes functions like recommending, installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, removing, repairing and recycling.
- Support current industry software by recommending, installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, managing and removing such applications as Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, billing, accounting, clinical, ERP, anti-virus and encryption along with other programs that may be deployed or acquired.
- Respond promptly and professionally to the staff’s technical needs utilizing the helpdesk ticketing system. Enter notes regarding resolution and close tickets in a timely fashion. Utilize phone, text, email, Internet and in-person methods.
- Support end users’ telecommunications needs by facilitating adds, moves and changes as well as setting up and troubleshooting VOIP and cellular phones (iPhone, Android and mobile wifi).
- Deliver training to staff on topics such as general computer skills, email, computer policies and procedures as well as current applications. Create training guides for users and other IT staff.
- Complete administrative functions such as researching technical solutions, making recommendations, documenting processes, creating badges, purchasing and maintaining inventory records, etc.
- Maintain secure and efficient computer systems utilizing current industry standard systems.
- Assist and or lead projects for local and organization wide technology needs.
- Travel as needed to any current and future TSVH location, etc.
- The Tennessee State Veterans Homes’ is a 24/7/365 facility that provides long-term medical care. Given the ongoing need to have all computer systems up and running reliably and efficiently, all IT Generalists will participate in on-call service to provide 24/7 IT coverage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or a related area is highly preferred. A+, Net+, MCP and or MCSE certifications or equivalent is a plus. A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting hardware and software in a Windows corporate environment is required. Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
NOTICE:This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position. Employment and Professional References Required.