Eligibility Requirements for Admission to
Tennessee State Veterans Homes
Veterans who were Honorably Discharged from Active Service and who also meet at least one of the below additional requirements:
- Resident of Tennessee at time of admission.
- Veteran who was born in Tennessee.
- Entered the U.S. Armed Forces in Tennessee.
- Tennessee address is official Home of Record on Veteran’s Military Record.
- Has an immediate family member who would serve as primary caregiver and resident of Tennessee.
- Spouse or Gold Star Parent may also be eligible for admission on a space available basis.
Upon meeting the eligibility requirements, the applicant’s name will be placed on our Potential Admissions Wait List. Complete and provide a copy of the veteran’s discharge papers (DD214); if the applicant is not the veteran, additional information will be requested.
Current medical information will be needed. Admissions will be happy to collect this data from the medical doctor. We may be requesting:
- History and Physical
- Lab Work (UA CBC, Etc.)
- List of medications
- Chest x-ray or TB Skin Test
- Notes on current treatments
- Physicians orders for placement into our facility
The following paperwork will be required upon admission:
- The Veteran’s DD214 and other discharge documents
- Marriage License or Certificate if a Veteran’s spouse or widow
- Insurance Cards
- Government Issued Identification
- Living Will (if applicable)
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)